Introducing the FIRST Online Career Training Program made Accessible to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community!!
Program Duration: 3 Months
The medical billing specialist program will provide you with the knowledge needed to pursue a career as a medical billing specialist and will allow you to sit for the national exam to become a certified billing coding specialist (CBCS).
The medical billing specialist curriculum is a 192 hour program which combines video lecture with ASL interpreter and closed caption, workbook exercises, review, and independent study with continual on-demand help from live subject matter experts.
Certified instructors deliver comprehensive video based curriculum where you will learn:
- HI-1014 Human Anatomy, Physiology & Medical Terminology: Course Outline (.doc)
Gain an understanding of the structure and function of the human body and the language of medical terminology with specific instruction on topics including:
- Basic Physiology
- Basic Anatomy
- Medical Word Parts
- Advanced Healthy Body Terms
- Medical Terminology
- HI-1015 Insurance and Billing, and Coding Essentials: Course Outline (.doc)
Gain an understanding of a practical approach in comprehension of basic medical insurance, claims, coding and billing procedures with specific instruction on topics including:
- Source Documents for Bookkeeping and Claim Preparation
- 1500 Claim Form
- Claim Denials, Rebilling, and Reimbursements
- Insurance Overview and Guidelines
- Explanation of Benefits